Kamis, 07 Januari 2010

Good Cholesterol Levels - The Truth About How Cholesterol Works in Your Body

By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Lisa_Pedersen]Lisa Pedersen

Many people do not know anything about good cholesterol levels. A few years ago, I had no idea about good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. I always figured that cholesterol was not anything I had to worry about. In my mind, as long as I exercised regularly and didn't gain a lot of weight, I would be fine.

I went to my doctor for my yearly physical, and my doctor indicated that I had high cholesterol. I asked him for an explanation, and he gave me an answer that I did not understand. When I got home, I started looking up information about cholesterol. I learned that there are low density lipoproteins (LDL) and high density lipoproteins (HDL). HDL is the good cholesterol, and LDL is the bad cholesterol.

You want to do everything you can to make your HDL greater than 60, and you want to keep your LDL no higher than 100. The total of your HDL and LDL numbers should be less than 200. If you have a total cholesterol level above 240, this is considered to be very high. You want to make sure you get help as soon as possible.

Here are some things you can do to get your body back to good cholesterol levels. Stop eating so many saturated fats. This is going to have a major effect on your bad cholesterol. Start taking a natural cholesterol supplement as soon as possible.

This is just as important as eating healthy. Make sure you also exercise regularly. This can really help improve your good cholesterol. Stop smoking and drinking, and reduce the stress in your life. If you can do all of these things, you will have a drastic effect on the levels of cholesterol in your body.

If you're interested in learning the secrets of finding the best natural cholesterol supplement, visit my website, where I share the products that have been proven fast, safe and effective in lowering cholesterol naturally.

You can visit my website at http://www.naturalcholesterolremedies.net/

Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Good-Cholesterol-Levels---The-Truth-About-How-Cholesterol-Works-in-Your-Body&id=3527160] Good Cholesterol Levels - The Truth About How Cholesterol Works in Your Body

0 komentar: